The Online Advocacy Course from the Florida League of Cities (FLC) is designed to help city officials understand the legislative process and learn strategies to become strong, effective advocates.
Complete the entire course in one sitting or map out the lessons over time – it’s up to you!
This virtual self-paced course includes four lessons plus advocacy tools and resources to help city officials advocate for their cities’ unique needs and help ensure local voices are making local choices in Florida. Register for the $99 course here.
The online course covers:
- Home Rule history
- Legislative process
- Why advocacy is important for cities
- FLC’s member-driven process
- Case studies of successful grassroots advocacy efforts:
- Short-term rentals
- Regulation of smoking in public areas
- How to start advocating today
- And more!