The FLC University offers an annual program to recognize elected officials who take part in the League’s many training opportunities – the Certificate Program for Elected Municipal Officials.
This multi-level certificate achievement program will allow you to earn points for the activities in which you are already participating! You can earn or renew certificates annually based on a designated points system.
- Level One: Bronze Certificate of Merit – 10 points
- Level Two: Silver Certificate of Leadership – 20 points
- Level Three: Gold Certificate of Excellence – 30 points*
How Does It Work?
- Sign Up: City officials sign up online each year using the FLC event registration system, at no cost, to pursue or renew certificates. (You must register each year to earn your annual points.)
- Attend Training Events: League staff tracks each member’s cumulative points through event registrations in our membership database. Awards are accumulated each year from July to July in conjunction with the FLC Annual Conference.
- Track Your Progress: FLC staff will provide status reports quarterly.
- Celebrate Your Achievement: Each year, certificate recipients will receive a press release for their use and recognition in Quality Cities magazine and at the FLC Annual Conference.
We look forward to recognizing committed elected municipal leaders for their efforts to provide excellent service to Florida’s cities and their residents! Click here to learn more.
2022-2023 Certificate Recipients
Congratulations to the 131 recipients who received bronze, silver and gold certificates for the 2022-2023 program year! View the full list in the 2023 Quality Cities Magazine Membership Edition here.
Questions? Contact Christen Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407.367.3443.